Make Meatloaf in a Muffin Pan – it cooks in 15 minutes!
Serve these delicious meatloaf muffins with steamed green beans and roasted potato wedges for an at-home version of a blue-plate special.
Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin is the perfect way to cook meatloaf. My husband LOVES meatloaf and it is a super easy meal to prepare however when prepared in a loaf pan it takes so long. It heats up the house and often times I have to worry about if it is “done” in the middle or not. When I mentioned it to my Mom she reminded me that she used to make meatloaf this way when we were little to save cooking time (always listen to your Mom). I knew immediately by using meatloaf in a muffin tin my meatloaf worries were over. Be sure to Re-Pin this post.
You can use ANY meatloaf recipe for this process. Here are several that we love!
“Easy to make meatloaf in individually sized muffins.”
I am giving four stars for the innovative “meatloaf muffin” idea. The meatloaf itself could have been a bit lighter and more flavorful, in my opinion. The second time I made it I added 2 eggs, 2 slices of bread and enough milk to completely soak the bread. I also put in a teaspoon of basil, a teaspoon of Oregano and a few rosemary leaves. With these changes, the muffins came out excellent.
- 1 2/3 to 1 3/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 1 medium onion, cut into chunks
- 2 ribs celery from the heart of the stalk, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 large egg plus a splash of milk, beaten
- 1 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grill seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 cup smoky barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put ground beef into a big bowl. Put onion and celery into a food processor. C
- the bell pepper in half, rip out the seeds and throw them into your garbage bowl.
- Cut the pepper into a few pieces and add to the food processor.
- Pulse the processor blades to finely chop the vegetables into very small pieces then add them to the meat bowl.
- Add egg, beaten with milk, bread crumbs and grill seasoning to the bowl.
- Next, mix together the smoky barbecue sauce, the salsa and the Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour half the sauce mixture into the bowl with the meatloaf mix. Mix the meatloaf together with your hands. Wash up.
- Brush a 12-muffin tin (1/2-cup each) with vegetable oil or extra-virgin olive oil. Use an ice cream scoop to help you fill meat into a each tin.
- Top each meat loaf with a spoonful of extra sauce.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Cut open 1 muffin to test that the middle is cooked through
- Serving Size: 2 meatloaf muffins
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Protein: 22