Here’s a W-W-friendly recipe for Creamy Pasta with Asparagus and Bacon, including the ingredients, instructions, and estimated W-W points per serving. Please note that the points can vary based on the specific brands and products you use.
W-W Creamy Pasta with Asparagus and Bacon
- 8 oz (about 2 cups) whole wheat pasta (choose a lower-point option)
- 8 oz fresh asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 slices of lean bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook the whole wheat pasta according to the package instructions until al dente. Add the asparagus during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the chopped bacon over medium heat until it becomes crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Discard most of the bacon grease, leaving about 1-2 teaspoons in the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet with the reserved bacon grease and sauté for about 1-2 minutes until it becomes fragrant.
- Reduce the heat to low, and stir in the reduced-fat cream cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Season the sauce with salt and black pepper. Adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Add the cooked pasta and asparagus to the skillet with the creamy sauce. Toss everything together to coat the pasta and asparagus evenly.
- Serve the Creamy Pasta with Asparagus and Bacon hot, garnished with crispy bacon and fresh parsley if desired