Doritos Taco Salad
preparation: 10 mins
calories:150 K CAL
Taco-seasoned ground beef, crispy Nacho Cheese Doritos, and sweet, acidic Catalina dressing come together in this delectable potluck salad!
I attended a Memorial Day BBQ with the future Mr. Bites’ extended family last weekend. Doritos Taco Salad was one of the appetisers given to the gathering. You read correctly, Doritos Taco Salad. I drooled. Seconds were mine. I wanted to consume everything in the enormous serving bowl. Do you realise how obsessed people get with Taco Bell’s Doritos tacos? I felt the same way about this salad.
I quickly googled it when I got home, and a tonne of recipes that resembled the salad I was still dreaming about appeared. I was eager to share it with you all and add some lightheartedness of my own. I adore the sweet, tangy, tomato-y Catalina dressing and the taco-seasoned meat flavour with the crunchy Doritos. You could definitely use French dressing in place of it, as that’s what I tried in the original salad. Feel free to get inventive and try different ingredients, such as beans, corn or black olives (which will change the nutrition information). There are many ways to tailor it to your own preferences, but I kept it basic and it turned out fantastic.
Let’s start Doritos Taco Salad
Ingredients For Doritos Taco Salad
- One pound of 95% lean ground beef
- One 1.25-oz package of low-sodium taco spice
- One medium-sized head of iceberg lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces (you can use these instructions if you’ve never chopped up an iceberg before).
- One medium-sized tomato chopped
- 4 oz. Shredded sharp cheddar cheese (like Cabot) with 50% less fat
- Four ounces of Doritos with nacho cheese, slightly torn into bite-sized pieces
- One cup of light Catalina (I used Kraft Lite Catalina) or French dressing
Instructions For Doritos Taco Salad
- Using a wooden spoon, crumble the ground beef and brown it in a skillet over medium heat. When the taco seasoning packet is added, mix until thoroughly coated. Put aside.
- Combine the lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and ground beef in a sizable serving bowl. Add the Doritos and dressing right before serving, tossing to coat.
Adapted From: Women Living Well