This easy pecan pie is a classic for a reason! It’s so easy to make that the kids can help with every step of this recipe. Give it a try and you’ll see why it’s our family’s favorite pecan pie recipe!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yield: serves 10
This pecan pie is a classic old-fashioned dessert that’s perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas. It has the best combination of sweet and salty!
- 1 cup light or dark corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1–1/2 cups (6 ounces) coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked OR frozen deep-dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix Karo light corn syrup, eggs, sugar, salt, butter and vanilla using a spoon or a rubber spatula.
- Stir in pecans.
- Pour the mixture into pie crust.
- Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Cool for at least 2 hours on wire rack before serving.
- If you are using a prepared frozen pie crust, place cookie sheet in oven and preheat oven as directed. Pour filling into frozen crust and bake on preheated cookie sheet.
- The pie is done when center reaches 200°F. Tap center surface of pie lightly – it should spring back when done. If pie crust is over-browning, cover edges with foil.
Serving Size: 1 slice Calories: 304Sugar: 46.7 g Sodium: 54.6 mg Fat: 12.4 g Carbohydrates: 48.9 g Protein: 3g cholesterol: 61.9 mg