Lentils Benefits And Weight Loss Soup Recipe
Lentils Health Benefits A Super Food For Weight Loss:
Lentils are high in complex carbohydrates, which promote metabolism and help the body burn fat. They are a good source of fiber, which can help lower cholesterol. Lentils are an excellent source of folate and magnesium.
What are the health benefits of lentils.
There are various health benefits associated with eating lentils. Lentils are a good meat substitute due to their high protein and low fat content, and they can also assist enhance heart health. In addition, magnesium present in lentils has been linked to a lower risk of heart attack and stroke, according to WebMD.
Health Benefits of Green Lentils
Green lentils are arguably the most widely available of these varieties of legumes. According to Discovery Health, lentils are an excellent diet choice for those with rheumatoid arthritis since they assist to lower inflammation in the body. Green lentils are high in soluble fiber, making them an excellent choice for people suffering from diabetes, insulin resistance, or hypoglycemia. They give a consistent source of energy, which helps to maintain blood sugar levels stable.
Advantages of Lentils for Weight Loss
Lentils are a great food for weight loss. Because lentils contain almost no fat but are high in fiber, they can fill you up without adding unneeded calories to your diet. This is very good for people who constantly feel hungry. Lentils can be added to practically any recipe, including stews, burgers, and salads. Pairing them with arugula or another leafy green will help you feel fuller for longer and reduce cravings and binge eating.
Benefits of Lentils During Pregnancy
Women who are nursing or expecting a baby should include lentils in their daily diet. Lentils help restore iron levels in the body, which can help prevent anemia. Because lentils are high in fiber, they can help avoid constipation and consequent hemorrhoids, which are common during pregnancy. Lentil digestion might create gas, but as you consume more of this super food, your body will become accustomed to it. If the gas concerns you, consider boiling the beans for a few minutes after placing them in water to cook.
Easy Mediterranean Green Lentil Soup
This is a green lentil soup with a Mediterranean flavor. This recipe, loaded with veggies and spices, demonstrates that nutritious soups do not have to be tasteless!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
A large cup of this simple green lentil soup provides pure comfort. The mix of potatoes, carrots, and lentils topped with baby spinach is a delicious pairing!
lentils are an excellent supplement to your meals. Lentils, regardless of shape or color, are high in protein and an excellent source of iron. Lentils can be used in a variety of ways, but soup is probably the simplest. For more information on the benefits of lentils, see this article. Lentils Benefits And Weight Loss Soup Recipe
Here’s a green lentil soup with a Mediterranean twist. Packed with vegetables and spices, this recipe proves that healthy soups don’t have to be bland!
Prep Time: 10minutes
Cook Time: 50minutes
Total Time: 1hour
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 2 yellow potatoes cubed
- 2 cups green lentils
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup parsley chopped
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Saute the onion till golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic, carrots, and bell peppers. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add potatoes and lentils. Stir and heat for two minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, turmeric, paprika, and cumin.
- Add veggie stock to the pot and stir. Bring the soup to a boil then cover. Allow it to simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the lentils are thoroughly cooked.
- Add salt and baby spinach, and simmer until wilted.
- Pour the soup into a bowl and garnish with parsley.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve alongside lemon juice and toasted bread.
- Bell peppers for this green lentil soup dish should be sweet. You can use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers.
- Just before serving, squeeze some lemon juice into the soup to brighten it up.
- Do not mix this lentil soup because the cooked spinach will give it an unappealing tint.
- If you dislike garlic, lower the amount or avoid it entirely.
- To make this soup spicy, include ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper with other spices. If you have seven spices, you can use them instead of the spice combination specified in the recipe.
- Got any leftovers? Refrigerate the remaining soup in an airtight container for up to three days. To reheat, use the microwave or a saucepan.
Slow cooker instructions:
Put all of the ingredients except the spinach in a slow cooker. Cook until the lentils are tender, about 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low. Add the spinach and simmer until wilted.
Instant Pot Instructions:
- Press the saute function and cook the onion and garlic until transparent.
- Add the carrots, bell pepper, potatoes, and lentils to the broth and mix well.
- Mix in the spices and tomato paste. Pour in the water or vegetable broth.
- Lock the lid and press “cancel”. Select the “pressure cook” or “manual” function and set the timer for 15 minutes on high.
- Once the cooking time is up, naturally release the pressure for 5 minutes before doing a rapid release.
- Open the lid and add the spinach. Stir until wilted. Serve immediately.
Calories: 308kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1429mg | Potassium: 954mg | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 7007IU | Vitamin C: 51mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 6mg