AIR FRYER CHURRO BITES
These Air Fryer Churro Bites, produced at home, are so delicious! A simple dough that produces delicious, sweet, bite-sized pieces of cinnamon sugar perfection!
Prepared in ten minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Twenty-five minutes in total
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER CHURRO BITES
To make dough
- combine 1 cup all-purpose flour with 1 cup water.
- One large egg
- one teaspoon of salt
- two tablespoons of sugar
- one teaspoon of vanilla extract
- one cup (plus one tablespoon) unsalted butter
Regarding the coating:
- One cup of powdered sugar
- One tablespoon ground cinnamon
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AIR FRYER CHURRO BITES
- Put the butter, sugar, salt, and water in a pan. Over high heat, bring it to a boil.
- Lower the temperature and progressively incorporate the flour, blending until the dough comes together.
- Turn off the flame.
- After removing the dough from the pan, place it in a sizable mixing basin and give it four to five minutes to cool.
- Using an electric hand mixer, combine the ingredients after adding the egg and vanilla essence.
- Spoon the blend into a pastry bag. Set the air fryer’s temperature to 375F. Use a neutral nonstick cooking spray to coat the basket (I find coconut oil spray works best in the air fryer.)
- Carefully place tiny, bite-sized churros on the air fryer, making sure not to crowd them. Cooking will need to be done in batches. Note: Another option is to just add them to the air fryer basket spoonful by spoonful.
- Drizzle some butter over the churros and bake for ten to twelve minutes, or until they are golden brown. Continue with the remaining dough.Combine the sugar and cinnamon powder in a small bowl.
- After the churros are cooked, place them in the mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Toss to ensure even coating.
- Simply brush the churro pieces with some melted butter, mist with water or nonstick cooking spray, and then roll them in the cinnamon sugar mixture if the mixture is not sticking very well.
- Accompany with Nutella, chocolate syrup, or honey.
- Although it’s not strictly required, I made these churro bites using a piping bag. Simply put the batter into the air fryer basket by the spoonful.
- These are best served with honey or chocolate syrup, in my opinion. Another option is to reheat some Nutella and use it as the topping sauce.
- Like in my CREAM PUFF DESSERT, the batter I employ here is identical to that of a cream puff. These churro bites aren’t thick and hefty. They should be less dense than a typical chewy, thick churro.
- Check out my recipe for EASY BAKED CHURROS if you enjoy this one.
- To keep leftovers fresh: Store in the refrigerator for up to two days in an airtight container. Reheat in the oven, air fryer, or microwave until well heated. You can freeze these leftovers as well. Tightly wrapped and covered, they can be stored in the freezer for up to three months.