This simple cinnamon apple cake is moist and flavorful, loaded with fresh apples and walnuts. I remember my Grandma making this delicious cinnamon apple cake recipe when I was a little girl. The combination of cinnamon, apple, and walnuts is perfection. This is an old fashioned cake recipe that is loved by everyone and very easy to make.
What You’ll Love This Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe:
This apple cinnamon cake is great for dessert or even breakfast. We make this a lot for the company and it always gets raves reviews with everyone wanting the recipe. This is also the perfect “snack cake” for my boys when they come home from school wanting a sweet treat. I love how easy this is to whip up with only a 20 minute prep time.
Cake is a classic easy dessert, whether it’s a chocolate or vanilla cake or even something with a bit of spice and fruit like this Cinnamon Apple Cake recipe.
Cakes that include the addition of fruit or veggies (like Carrot Cheesecake Cake or Cranberry Christmas Cake) tend to be super moist and delicious, and this apple cake is the perfect example of that!
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups chopped and peeled apples (about 2 medium apples)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat softened butter and sugars with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Stir in vanilla, flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the chopped apples and walnuts.
- Spoon into your greased pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool about 10-15 minutes. Cut the warm cake into slices and serve with ice cream.
Calories: 350kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 351mg | Potassium: 111mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 28g | Vitamin A: 425IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1.5mg