5-Minute extra creamy Tahini Date Banana Shake with unsweetened almond milk and a dash of cinnamon. Perfect as a power breakfast smoothie or an afternoon treat. So rich and delicious, you’ll think you’re having dessert! Vegan & Gluten Free.
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
Make it ahead of time for a nutrition-packed, dairy-free breakfast shake, or use as an afternoon pick-me-up. It’s so tasty, you’ll think you’re having dessert! (Vegan & Gluten Free)
- 2 frozen bananas, sliced
- 4 pitted Medjool dates (if they’re too big, you can chop them up a bit.)
- 1/4 cup tahini (I used Soom tahini)
- 1/4 cup crushed ice
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch ground cinnamon, more for later
- Place the sliced frozen bananas in your blender, add the remaining ingredients.
- Run blender until you achieve a smooth and creamy shake.
- Transfer the banana date shakes to serving cups and add pinch more ground cinnamon on top. Enjoy!
- Tips for How to Freeze Bananas: peel ripe bananas and cut into 1 to 2 inch slices. Arrange the slices on a large baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper. Freeze for 1 to 2 hours. Once frozen, transfer the sliced bananas to freezer safe bags or containers and return to freezer for later use.
- Need A Little More Sweetness? This banana shake is just the right amount of sweet, but if you feel you need a little more sweetness, add a drizzle of quality honey and blend again.
- Prepare Ahead Storage Instructions: Pour into mason jars or freezer-safe mason jars, cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 to 2 nights or freeze up to 3 months. After 1st night, the shake may naturally separate, go ahead and give it a stir before drinking. If you do make extra to freeze, thaw in the fridge one night before.