Slimming World 1/2 Syn Raspberry Roulade
Well, this cake is only HALF A SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE, not that you would eat the whole cake in one go (or you might) but you can make it in under 20 minutes and it is such a simple recipe I doubted it would taste of anything much but was pleasantly surprised. Of course, you can use any fruit on this providing it is Syn but I love raspberries.
0.5 Syns of Extra Easy, Original & Green Plans for the WHOLE CAKE or cut it into 4-6 portions if you are not feeling greedy
Raspberry Roulade – Only ½ Syn For Whole Cake – REALLY
If you want to make a dessert Slimming World style or if you have relatives over and want to do a dessert Slimming World style, this would be wonderful, but chances are no one would even realize it’s low fat or diet food. I finished it off with some additional sweetened quark so it looked and felt more like cream than quark alone would have.
- Separate the 4 eggs into two bowls, yolks and whites.
- Add ½ tub of quark, sweetener, vanilla essence & baking powder to the yolks. Wisk into a creamy consistency and put to one side.
- Take the egg whites and whisk until stiff. Add half of the egg whites to the egg yolk mixture and stir in gently. Then fold the other half of the egg whites into the mixture.
- Take an oven tray, line it with grease-proof paper, and spray with a fry light. Ensure you use plenty of fry light to avoid the cake sticking to the paper. Pour the mixture on the tray/paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown at 180c (it doesn’t take very long to bake. Whilst warm peel the paper from the cake (gently) and then lay the cake out to cool.
- I used a big knife underneath the paper to gently remove the cake from the paper. While cooling take the remainder of the quark and add sweetener to taste.
- Spread the quark onto the cake (now cool) and add the fruit you are using.I used raspberries added them evenly across the cake and squished them.
- Then gently roll the cake up into a roll (like a Swiss roll). Cut into 4-6 pieces – or eat the whole cake yourself for ½ a Syn
Amount Per Serving:
Calories 150 Calories From Fat 50%
Total Fat 5g8%Saturated Fat 15g75%Trans Fat g Cholesterol 210mg70%Sodium 270mg11%Potassium 125mg4%Total Carbohydrates 19g6%Dietary Fiber 3g12%Sugars 16gProtein 7g14%Vitamin A6%Vitamin C15%Calcium 10%Iron 8%”