Air fryer sausage rolls
Ingredients For Air fryer sausage rolls
- 500 g sausages made from Meat
- two eggs
- To garnish,
- use two sheets of puff pastry with defrosted sesame seeds.
Instructions For Air fryer sausage rolls
- On a floured board, roll out 320g of puff pastry to a thickness of roughly 0.25 inches. Alternately, unfold a prepared roll of dough.
- With a sharp knife, cut the sheet in half lengthwise.
- To obtain 450 g of banger meat, skin enough sausages. Alternatively, if you’re using precooked sausage meat, divide it in half and shape each half into a sausage that is long.
- Spoon each pastry strip with sausage meat about ⅔ of the way down. Verify that it extends to the very conclusion. The banger meat can be shaped to fit the desired shape. If using skinned sausage, be sure to press the end of one into the next.
- One egg is beaten in a little bowl. Cover the broad exposed pastry side with a pastry brush.
- Beginning with the smaller, unwashed top piece of the sausage meat, begin rolling the pastry around it. Maintain a snug fit between the pastry and the sausage meat.
- Roll the pastry around the sausage meat, starting with the smaller, unwashed top piece. Make sure the sausage meat and pastry are snugly fit.
- Make thin, diagonal cuts down the length of each roll using a sharp knife.
- If necessary, trim the end of each roll with the same sharp knife to make it look neater. Cut each roll in half, then arrange the four rolls on the board adjacent to one another. Instead of pressing down, use the knife to saw; otherwise, the rolls will get squashed.
- After wiping the knife, divide the four rolls into three equal pieces. Repeatedly wipe the knife after each cut. Remember not to apply too much pressure.
- After separating the rolls, liberally brush the tops and sides of each with egg wash. Be careful not to wash the banger flesh or exposed ends.
- My favourite method for oiling the basket’s bottom is to use Spray Oil. Place the sausage rolls into the air fryer basket with caution. It is probably necessary to bake them in batches. Keep in mind that they will swell during cooking, so space them apart.
- If you have preheated the machine, take care not to touch the basket. I eliminate any chance of mishap by using silicone tongs.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown. Please refer to my remarks regarding temperatures and timings.
- After baking, gently transfer the cooked sausage rolls to a wire rack and continue cooking the remaining rolls until they are all done.
266 k cal of calories, 12 g of carbohydrates, 8 g of protein, 20 g of fat, 6 g of saturated fat, 1 g of trans fat, 41 mg of cholesterol, 310 mg of sodium, 114 mg of potassium, 1 g of fibre, 1 g of sugar, 48 I U of vitamin A, 1 mg of vitamin C, 8 mg of calcium, and 1 mg of iron.
Recipe Adapted From:Chloe