Butter Swim Biscuits
Butter Swim Biscuits are buttermilk biscuits with a crispy outside and a soft, fluffy interior that are baked in butter. Making it with things you most likely already have on hand is really simple. Buttermilk might be the only item you need, but it’s really simple to make at home. These tender cookies taste great both by themselves and when covered with your preferred jam.
Ingredients of Butter Swim Biscuits:
- One tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Four teaspoons baking powder
- Two and a half cups (312.5 g) all-purpose flour
- Two tsp kosher salt
- Two cups (490 g) buttermilk
- One stick (113 g) melted unsalted butter
Guidelines How to Make:
- Set oven temperature to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk the ingredients together.
- Carefully whisk the batter without overworking it after adding the buttermilk.
- Melt the butter and transfer it to an 8 x 8-inch baking dish. After placing the dough on top of the butter, evenly spread it out to the pan’s edges with a spatula or your hands.
- Cut 9 squares (3 x 3) out of the unbaked dough. Bake for 28 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
- Before slicing and serving, let the biscuits absorb the butter.
Notes: In case there is any spillage, you can set the baking dish on a baking sheet.
How to Keep Biscuits in Storage:
Fresh biscuits are best enjoyed the day they are baked. If you would like to prepare them the day before:
- Make biscuits.
- Let biscuits cool until they reach room temperature.
- Encase the biscuits firmly in foil (use plastic wrap only after they have cooled completely; allowing hot air to enter could cause the biscuits to become soggy).
- Store in the fridge until you’re ready to use it. (If you would want, you can also keep it at room temperature.)
- When ready to serve, reheat for up to ten minutes at the lowest temperature in the oven.
How to Freeze Biscuits:
Once the biscuits have cooled down, wrap them tightly in foil or plastic wrap before placing them in a freezer-safe storage bag. This will ensure that the biscuits stay fresh for a few months.