One of my favourite savoury breakfast recipes is this crustless quiche, which is ideal for a weekend breakfast or holiday brunch. With cheese, bacon, and veggies, this simple quiche dish has a tonne of flavour!
An spectacular yet simple dish that’s great for breakfast, brunch, or lunch is crustless quiche. This simple quiche dish, loaded with cheese, bacon, and vegetables, is a perennial favourite!
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time:45 mins
Total time: 1 hr
INGREDIENTS For CRUSTLESS QUICHE
- ½ cup finely diced bell pepper, red, yellow, or orange
- 4 slices of Beef
- 3 chopped green onions, with just the white and light green sections
- ¾ cup shredded cheese
- 6 big eggs
- ¾ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup heavy cream or half-and-half
- ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CRUSTLESS QUICHE
- Set oven temperature to 400°F. To catch any grease, line a baking sheet with rims made of foil and fold over the edges. Arrange the Beef slice on the foil in a single layer.
- Bake Beef slice for 12 to 20 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through. Lower the oven’s setting to 350°F.
- To absorb extra fat, place the beef slice on a platter covered with paper towels. Next, chop the beef.
INSTRUCTION FOR COMBINE AND COOK THE QUICHE
- Pat a 9-inch pie dish clean. Evenly distribute the chopped green onions, chopped bacon, diced bell pepper, and shredded cheese throughout the bottom of the pie dish.
- Mix the eggs, milk, half-and-half, salt, and pepper in a big bowl until thoroughly blended. Over the other ingredients in the pie dish, pour the egg mixture.
- Bake the quiche for 28 to 35 minutes at 350°F, or until the centre is set. (If using an instant read thermometer, the centre should read at least 160° F.) Let cool for five minutes, then cut into slices and serve.
NOTES FOR COMBINE AND COOK THE QUICHE
- You can replace the bell pepper with one cup of finely chopped green spinach.
- You can substitute feta, cheddar, white cheddar, or Swiss cheese in place of Gruyere.
- After quiche has cooled, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to three days. Microwaving individual quiche slices is the most convenient method of reheating the dish. It can also be reheated in an oven set to 350°F.
- Allow the baked quiche to cool completely before tightly wrapping it if you want to freeze it. For up to three months, freeze. Before heating, let it thaw in the fridge for the entire night.