This Mediterranean chicken is made with sun-dried tomatoes, capers, roasted artichoke hearts and nestles in a creamy lemon sauce. They are so easy to make with just 30 minutes from start to finish. Tender and juicy chicken that’s full of flavor cooked in one skillet. The perfect healthy chicken dinner recipe for the entire family to enjoy with a serving of rice or spaghetti. This Mediterranean-style chicken breast recipe will be your go-to chicken recipe that will be on your weeknight rotation menu.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS CHICKEN BREAST RECIPE
Quick and simple: This Mediterranean chicken is a quick, simple, and easy recipe to put together in just 30 minutes.
Healthy: Made with clean and healthy ingredients, this easy chicken recipe is perfectly low in carbs and fat. A guilt-free chicken dinner recipe you enjoy every week. Also, they are perfect for those who like to meal prep their recipes for the week.
So flavorful: This chicken dinner recipe is so delicious and flavorful. Full of Mediterranean flavors to satisfy those tastebuds.
Prep Time: 2minutes
Cook Time: 25minutes
Total Time: 27minutes
- 1.5 lb chicken breast cut in half on lengthwise to cook faster
- 2 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz can of roasted artichoke hearts drained
- 3 oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tbsp capers drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp gluten-free flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- In a medium bowl, mix the 2 tablespoon of flour with salt and pepper.
- Lightly coat each piece of chicken with the seasoned flour.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 10-12 minutes per side, or until fully cooked through.
- If needed, cook it in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
- Set aside on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk the other 1 tablespoon of flour with the almond milk until no visible lumps.
- To the same preheated skillet, add the artichokes together with the sun-dried tomatoes and capers.
- Sautee for about 2 minutes, then add the milk mixture to the pan and the lemon juice; whisk well to combine.
- Once the sauce starts to thicken, return the chicken to the pan.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes, until hot.
- Serve warm garnished with fresh parsley.
- Chicken: we used boneless chicken breast, but you may use boneless chicken thighs if you prefer.
- Milk: Any milk of choice will work, we used almond milk.
- Capers: Some either love or hate capers. If you arent too fond of capers you can skip it.
- Artichoke hearts: we love adding artichokes, but can be substantiated with another veggie of choice like asparagus, green beans, or broccoli.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for optimum flavor. If in a pinch you can use bottled lemon juice.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Serving size: one chicken breast
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 665mg | Potassium: 917mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 220IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 2mg