My family currently enjoys this beloved dish—city chicken—in an air fryer that uses low-carb ingredients. One serving has 2.7g net carbohydrates, and I prepared it both in the oven and in the Air Fryer.This delicious recipe doesn’t include chicken or breadcrumbs, and it’s also gluten-free!
Low Carb Air Fryer City Chicken
- Two pounds of boneless Chicken, chopped into kebab-sized chunks
- two beaten eggs
- One cup of almond flour
- ½ cup of cheese parmesan
- One-half teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of Italian spices
- One-half teaspoon each of pepper and paprika
- After chopping the chicken, arrange the cubes on wooden skewers. If you use an air fryer, make sure the skewers fit inside.
- Combine the almond flour, parmesan cheese, and spices to create the low-carb breading, then transfer the mixture to a large shallow bowl.
- Beat your eggs in a different, small bowl.
- Make sure to coat every side of the kebab by dipping it first in the egg and then in the breading.
- If using an air fryer, coat the kebabs and the basket with cooking spray before cooking them for 12 minutes at 390°F. Before consuming, make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Depending on the air fryer, cooking times could vary. Using a meat thermometer, chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165°F.
- If cooking in the oven, coat an oven-safe skillet with oil. The kebabs should be golden brown on all sides. Next, bake for roughly ten minutes at 375°F in the oven. Before consuming, make sure the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Cooking times can vary depending on the oven. Put them in a baking dish if you don’t have an oven-safe skillet.