Old-Fashioned Chocolate And Buttermilk Cake Recipe
This is the best old-fashioned chocolate buttermilk cake recipe. It’s so moist that your guests will think it came from a shop.
Ingredients for Old-fashioned chocolate and buttermilk cake
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 cup of sugar
2 squares (1 oz.) of unsweetened chocolate, melted
2 cups cake flour that has been mixed
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon vinegar
- Set oven temperature to 350 degrees F. Coat two 9-inch cake pans with butter and flour. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper lining.
- Lighten butter by beating it in a large basin or with a stand mixer. Cream the butter and sugar together. Be sure to thoroughly mix after adding each egg. Incorporate the melted chocolate.
- Mix salt and flour in a separate bowl. Alternate adding the buttermilk and the chocolate mixture. Add vanilla extract and stir.
- To make a baking soda and vinegar solution, combine the two in a small basin. Mix this in gradually with the chocolate. Combine ingredients just until they are well combined. Avoid over-blending.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool in pans for 10 minutes. To cool thoroughly before frosting, move to wire racks.
- 1/2 cup of soft butter
- 3 cups of sugar for candy
- 3 squares (1 oz) of unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- If you need it, half-and-half
In large mixing bowl, cream butter until light and fluffy. Slowly add sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, beating well between additions. Stir in chocolate and vanilla. If necessary, thin frosting with 1-2 tsps. half-and-half.