Quick Mediterranean Chicken with Olives Recipe an easy and flavorful Mediterranean Chicken recipe using chicken, olives, rosemary, oregano, white wine/chicken stock with butter. Serve with toasted garlic bread for a perfect meal combo. Glute free and under 30 minutes meal. This Mediterranean Chicken with Olives can be made using thigh meat and you can also add tomatoes or artichokes too.
Yield: 2 People
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless (you can use chicken thighs with bones too)
- 1/2 Cup Green Olives with Pimento, roughly chopped
- 1/2 Cup Black Olives, roughly chopped
- 1 Medium Red Onion, thinly chopped
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves, smashed
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/4 Cup Chardonnay Wine (can substitute with chicken/vegetable broth)
- 1/4 Cup Olives Brine
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, chopped
- 1 Large Lemon, sliced
- 1 Tsp Dried Rosemary, crushed
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano, crushed
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Rosemary
- 1/4 Tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- In a small bowl, add the Seasoning ingredients (rosemary, oregano, salt and cayenne) and mix together. Keep aside.
- Now take a clean plate and place the chicken breasts on it.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat a large pan/skillet and add olive oil.
- Now add the seasoning chicken breasts (all 4) and saute for 2-3 minutes each side till they are fully cooked (they would turn golden brown once cooked).
- Remove the chicken over kitchen/paper towel.
- Heat the same pan with leftover olive oil and add smashed garlic.
- Add chopped red onion and saute for 2 minutes till the onions are golden brown and caramelized.
- Now add the olives (black and green) and saute.
- Add a sprig of fresh rosemary and saute everything.
- Add cooked some more olives, butter, and olive brine. Saute and cook for another minute.
- Add the chopped lemons and saute
- Now add the cooked chicken and saute everything.
- Let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine or chicken/veggie stock (whatever you are using). Stir and let this cook for 2 minutes.
- Finally, add chopped parsley and chopped rosemary sprig.
- Give everything a good mix and turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and add serve hot.
I love, I mean extremely love serving this dish with toasted garlic bread. It’s such an amazing combination.
The toasted, buttery garlic bread smothered in this olive+wine sauce is perfection!
Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 500mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 77g