Get ready to savour the vibrant flavours of Mexican cuisine with a healthy twist in our “Chicken Fajitas” recipe. These sizzling, mouthwatering fajitas are not only a treat for your taste buds but also a perfect addition to your Slimming World journey.
We’ve taken the beloved Tex-Mex classic and made it Slimming World-friendly without compromising on taste. Tender strips of chicken, colourful bell peppers, and zesty seasonings come together to create a sensational dish that’s low in Syns but high in satisfaction.
Slimming World Syns: Zero*
Course: Lunch, Main Course
Total Time: 35minutes
- 300g Skinless Chicken Breast (Thinly Sliced, Diced)
- 400g Kidney Beans (Drained and Washed)
- 1 Red Pepper (Sliced into strips)
- 1 Yellow Pepper (Sliced into strips)
- 1 Small Onion (Diced)
- 200ml Boiling Chicken Stock
- 4 tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ tsp Hot Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Dried Basil
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Garlic Clove (Crushed)
- Pinch Salt & Pepper
- Add boiling chicken stock to a large pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add peppers, onion, kidney beans, paprika, smoked paprika, hot chilli powder, basil, cayenne pepper, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir well, cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 10 minutes until the pepper and onion are softened.
- Remove lid, add the chicken and continue to simmer until everything is cooked through and all of the liquid is reduced.
- Serve with your choice of sides.
Slimming World Syns and Weight Watchers Points are all approximate and estimated….
Why you’ll love this recipe….
- They are so tasty and full of flavour
- Cheap to make on a budget
- Loved by all of the family
- Quick and easy to make
Serving ideas to save using those Syns
- Swap Tortilla wraps for large lettuce leaves
- Serve over rice instead of having wraps
- Use one Weight Watchers wrap (Healthy extra B or 6 Syns) cut into slices and place a few inside of a large lettuce leaf.
- Serve with grated cheese from your Healthy extra A allowance.
- Swap sour cream for a dollop of Fat free fromage frais.
Is this recipe Slimming World friendly?
Absolutely.. this dish is FULL of speed foods, protein and lean meat. Fill up on this wonderful dish.
Fridge: To store, leave the fajitas to completely cool down before placing in an airtight container. Store it in a fridge for up to 3 days. In fact the longer you leave them the better they taste.
Reheat: Perfect for reheating in the microwave or over the hob. Add a drop of water to prevent drying out.
Freezer: Fajitas can be frozen for upto 3 months. Store in a suitable container and remember to thaw before reheating.