Syn Free Fajita Chicken Pasta Recipe
This amazing pasta dish blends the tasty flavors of chicken fajitas into one delicious meal that the whole family will love.
I love fajitas. I think it’s because of all the different parts: the seasonings and flavors, the cooked meat, onions, and peppers; and then there are all the great toppings, like sour cream, cheese, and cilantro.
But then there are flour tacos, which aren’t really good for Slimming. Some tortillas and wraps are low in calories, but when I want fajitas, one tortilla just isn’t going to cut it for me. This Fajita Chicken Pasta is the right way to mix things up.
- Prep Time 10 mins
- Cook Time 20 mins
- Total Time 30 mins
4 Syn free per serving (or 0.5 syns when using olive oil)
Ingredients for Fajita Chicken Pasta:
10.5 ounces (260g) of uncooked penne pasta (gluten-free option available)
500g of chicken thighs (can substitute with chicken breast, beef, shrimp or pork)
juice from a small lime
1 tablespoon of ground cumin
1 tablespoon of paprika
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 finely chopped jalapeno pepper (seeds removed)
1 teaspoon of oregano
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of sukrin: gold
1 teaspoon of olive oil (2 syn’s) or spray oil for a syn-free option
1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (optional)
1 sliced red onion
1 sliced red pepper
1 sliced green pepper
1 courgette (zucchini), halved lengthways and sliced
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
avocado spray oil
freshly chopped coriander (cilantro)
Instructions for Fajita Chicken Pasta::
- In a tiny food processor, blend the lime juice, cumin, jalapeño, cayenne pepper (if preferred), paprika, oregano, sukrin gold, salt, olive oil (or spray oil), smashed garlic, and a little salt. Make a paste by pulsing the ingredients together several times.
- Spread the mixture all over the chicken, then cover and marinate it in the fridge for a few hours.
- Pasta should be cooked until al dente, then drained (with part of the cooking water reserved) and left aside.
- Spray a frying pan with avocado spray oil over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in its marinade, tossing periodically, until it is browned and cooked through. Take the chicken out of the skillet.
- To the same frying pan, add the bell peppers, onion, and courgette (zucchini). Cook, stirring often, until the veggies are tender but still have some crunch.
- Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the tomato paste and pasta water you set aside earlier.
- Toss in the cooked pasta and stir until everything is well combined and the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, then sprinkle finely chopped coriander on top.
- Accompany with the fixings and garnishes of your choosing.]
The recipe doesn’t have any gluten and is okay for Weight Watchers and Slimming World.
- Slimming World says that each dish has no syns (or only 0.5 syns if you use olive oil).
- WW Flex Freestyle Smart Points: 7 per serve (chicken breast).
- Gluten-free: You can use any gluten-free pasta you like.