Air Fryer Crispy UN Fried Chicken
Do you want the flavour of fried chicken but not the added calories or saturated fat? Try our incredibly simple yet delicious unfried version, which is crispy on the outside and juicy and tender on the inside. It’s a traditional Southern favourite in the United States.
Ingredients For Air Fryer Crispy un Fried Chicken
- Half a cup of all-purpose flour
- Two tsp finely chopped fresh parsley OR
- Two tsp of dried parsley, chopped
- half a teaspoon of oregano powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, if desired
- OR (optional) 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Half to one cup of fat-free buttermilk
- Or to taste, use a half-ton of red hot pepper sauce (optional).
- 1/3 cup of finely broken whole-grain crispbread,
- whole-grain crackers (with the least amount of salt), or whole-wheat panko (bread crumbs made in the Japanese style)
- One-third cup of grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Four skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 4 ounces each), with all visible fat removed, flattened to a thickness of 1/4 inch, and wiped dry with paper towels
- Cooking mist
Ingredients For Air Fryer Crispy Fried Chicken
- Set the air fryer’s temperature to 390˚F.
- Mix the flour, cayenne, oregano, pepper, and parsley in a shallow dish or pie pan.
- Whisk the spicy sauce and buttermilk together in a separate pie pan or shallow dish. Stir the Parmesan and crispbread crumbs together in a third shallow dish or pie pan. Arrange a big plate and the dishes in a row, just like on an assembly line. Turning to coat each time, gently shake off any excess as you dip the chicken into the flour mixture, buttermilk combination, and finally crumb mixture.a Press the crumb mixture carefully onto the chicken with your fingertips to make sure it sticks. Put the chicken onto the dish. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to 4 hours while covered.
Apply a thin layer of cooking spray to the chicken. Put the chicken in the air fryer basket in a single layer. (Avoid packing too much in; work in batches as needed.) Cook, rotating once halfway through and lightly misting with cooking spray, until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle and the top coating is golden brown, 10 to 15 minutes.
Absent buttermilk at hand? Not to worry. Mix 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice with 1 cup of fat-free or low-fat milk. Give it a five-minute rest.
Calories 219 Per Meal Protein Type
29 g of Fibre Per Serving
Every Serving, 2 g