AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE
In a flash, this simple air fryer grilled cheese recipe produces a perfectly melted centre, crisped frico sides, and an evenly toasted outer. To make sure the outside doesn’t burn before the cheese melts, Julia Moskin notes in her stovetop recipe that it takes some time and care. However, the convection heat of the air fryer produces the perfect grilled cheese with the least amount of work. This variation is versatile, just like Ali Slagle’s sheet-pan recipe; you may use any kind of sliced bread or melting cheese. You are also invited to have a schmear of your preferred condiment here; consider gochujang, kimchi, or sauerkraut. This recipe can easily be doubled to fit more sandwiches in a larger air fryer.
Ingredients AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE
- 2 slices bread (white, wheat, sourdough, or any other type you prefer)
- 3 slices cheese (Cheddar, Swiss, Gouda, etc.)
- 1-2 tablespoons butter
PREPARATION For AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of bread, buttered side down, on the pan.
- Spread cheese slices on top of the bread in the pan.
- Place a second slice of bread, buttered side up, on top of the cheese.
- Bake for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the bottom slice is golden brown and the cheese has started to melt.
- Then, carefully flip the sandwich with a spatula.
- Bake for an additional 3 to 5 minutes, or until the second slice of bread is golden brown and the cheese has melted completely.
- Take out of the pan and let it a minute or two to cool.
- If preferred, cut in half and serve warm as well.
Air Fryer Method:
You’ll have more cravings for air fryer grilled cheese once you try it because it’s so simple to prepare. This is a fantastic method for making your kids a cheese melt sandwich in an air fryer.
- To melt the cheese, air fry it at 360°F for three to five minutes.
- To complete and crisp the bread, flip the sandwich and turn the heat up to 380°F. Continue air-frying the sandwich for approximately five minutes, or until it reaches your desired