Air fryer apple turnovers
This recipe for Air Fryer Apple Turnover will fulfil your sweet taste and is surprisingly easy to make. Imagine biting into a golden, crispy pastry that was perfectly flavoured with nutmeg and cinnamon and contained a delicious, slightly tangy apple filling. These turnovers, made simple by the magic of air frying, are the ideal balance of comfort and decadence.
Apple Turnovers with Air Fryer:There is nothing better than a freshly baked goodie and a nice cup of coffee in the morning. This is one of my favourite recipes; it makes a nice and simple Air Fryer Dessert or a quick and easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipe.
Prepared in ten minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Thirty minutes in total
There are four servings.
Ingredients For Air fryer apple turnovers:
- One sheet of thawed puff pastry and two medium apples, cored, peeled, and diced
- One-fourth cup brown sugar
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- One-fourth teaspoon of nutmeg
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- One tablespoon of cornflour
- One large egg, whisked (to make egg wash)
- 1 tablespoon of icing sugar (granulated sugar for dusting)
Instructions For Air fryer apple turnovers:
- Diced apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornflour should all be combined in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Stir until the apples are coated all over. Allow the mixture to settle for a few minutes so the cornflour can begin thickening the liquids and the flavours can combine.
- Spread some flour on your workspace and unroll the puff pastry sheet that has thawed. To make it more even, roll it out a little. The sheet should be cut into four equal squares.
- Spoon an equal amount of the apple mixture onto one half of each pastry square, leaving a small border around the edges. Fold the pastry over the filling to form a triangle. Press the edges together to seal, then crimp the edges with a fork to ensure they are well
- Cook the turnovers for 15 to 20 minutes, or until they are puffed up and golden brown. You can optionally gently flip the turnovers halfway through the cooking period to ensure even browning, depending on how the air circulates in your air fryer.
- Before serving, carefully take the turnovers out of the air fryer and allow them to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. They have a crunchy exterior and a luscious, delicious apple inside that is best savoured warm.
Optional Parchment Paper
Expert TIPS For Air fryer apple turnovers:
- Use these expert suggestions to improve the quality of your air fryer apple turnovers and make sure that every batch is flawlessly flaky, golden, and delicious:
- Selecting the Right Apples: Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples are good choices because they retain their flavour when cooked. These types provide a delightful harmony of acidity and sweetness that accentuates the rich pastry.
- Thickness Counts Aim for a thickness while rolling out the puff pastry that will allow it to cook through evenly—not too thin to avoid breaking. It is best to use between 1/8 and 1/4 inch.
- Seal Tightly: Tightly press the edges of the turnovers together, then crimp with a fork to stop the filling from leaking while cooking. This gives your turnovers a decorative edge as well.
- Steer clear of overfilling: While a liberal filling produces tasty turnovers, it can also lead to leaks and complicate sealing. Give the edges some room to ensure a secure seal.
- Utilise Parchment Paper: If the air fryer basket sticks frequently, you might want to use sized parchment paper that has been punctured to allow air to pass through. Additionally, it may make cleanup simpler.
- Don’t omit the egg wash; it helps seal any minor gaps and gives the turnovers a gorgeous golden gloss. A quick dab with almond milk may also suffice for a vegan version.
- Keep a close eye on the cooking: Check your turnovers a few minutes before the recommended cooking time expires because air fryer models differ. When they are puffy and golden brown, they are done.
- Let Them Cool: Before serving, let the turnovers cool on a wire rack for a few minutes. This facilitates the filling set and lightens their handling.
- Reheating: To bring back the crispy texture of leftovers, put them in the air fryer for a few minutes at 300°F. Steer clear of the microwave since it can result in soggy pastry.
- Personalise Your Filling: To give the apple combination more taste and texture, feel free to add raisins, almonds, or a dash of allspice.
- Dusting and Dipping: Sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the cooled turnovers for an added sweet touch, or serve alongside vanilla ice cream or caramel sauce for dunks.
- By implementing these suggestions into your turnover preparation procedure, you’ll be able to consistently produce air fryer apple turnovers with the ideal ratio of crispy crust to juicy, tasty filling.
Nutrition Facts For Air fryer apple turnovers:
One serving is provided.480 kcal of calories Carbohydrates: 59 g 6 g of protein Fat: 25 g Saturated Fat: 6 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 182mgPotassium: 177mgFiber: 3 g Sugar: 26 g Vitamin A: 118IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 33mgIron: 2mg
Recipe Adopted From: Fork to Spoon