Apple Pie by Grandma Ople
My grandmother had this incredible apple pie recipe. It is unlike any other that I have ever seen! It has taken home multiple first-place awards in regional events and will always be my favourite. When served with a wedge of Cheddar cheese or topped with whipped cream or ice cream, it’s the ideal dessert for get-together with loved ones or during the holidays.
Ingredients For Apple Pie by Grandma Opel
- 8 tiny Granny Smith apples, or more if necessary
- ½ cup butter without salt
- one third cup all-purpose flour
- Half a cup of white sugar
- 1/4 cup of dense brown sugar
- Half a cup water
- One nine-inch sheet of frozen double-crust pie crust
Instructions For Apple Pie by Grandma Opel
- After peeling and cored, finely slice the apples. Put aside.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit (220 degrees Celsius).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter. Cook for one to two minutes, or until aromatic, after adding flour and stirring to make a paste. Bring the water to a boil after adding the sugars. Simmer for three to five minutes on low heat. Take off the heat source.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one pastry, pressing it into the bottom and up the edges. Roll out the remaining crust to leave approximately a 1/2-inch overhang on the pie. Make eight 1-inch strips out of the pastry.
- Make a little mound with the cut apples in the bottom crust. Using larger strips in the middle and shorter strips at the edges, arrange four pastry strips vertically and evenly spaced over the apples.
- Create a lattice crust by completely folding the first and third strips back until they nearly hang off the pie. Unfold the first and third strips to their initial positions after placing one of the unused strips over the second and fourth strips in a perpendicular manner.
- Second and fourth vertical strips should be folded back. Place a perpendicularly positioned unused strip on top. Return the second and fourth strips to their initial positions by unfolding them.
- To weave in the final two strips of pastry, repeat steps 6 and 7. If extra dough is visible around the edges, fold it in, trim it, and crimp it in place.
- Make sure the sugar-butter mixture seeps over the sliced apples as you slowly and carefully pour it over the lattice crust. Make sure not to let any run off the sides as you brush some onto the lattice.
- Bake for fifteen minutes in a preheated oven. Bake the apples for another 35 to 45 minutes, or until they are tender, at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius).
calories:373/ Ft 19 g/ Carbs: 52 g/ protein: 2 g