Best Pepper Steak
Yields: 4 portions
TIME FOR PREP:fifteen minutes
30 minutes in total
This is very delicious and Super Simple.Quick and easy.You can also make this dish with Chicken breast.
Adding those tiny trees to your favourite stir-fry usually ruins it. Let us introduce you to pepper steak, which will quickly become your new favourite stir-fry. This delicious beef stir-fry, instead of using broccoli, is stuffed with of peppers and a traditional, straightforward sauce that effortlessly ties everything together. Though we believe it’s great just the way it is, like most of our stir-fry recipes, you can easily customise it with additional ingredients or modifications based on what you have on hand. What you will need to prepare this 30-minute supper is as follows:
For pepper steak, the ideal steak cut is:
Our preferred cut for pepper steak is flank steak since it’s soft, juicy, and easily sliced into thin, marbled pieces. However, flank isn’t your only choice. You can achieve a very similar outcome with skirt steak, or sirloin is a terrific alternative if you’re on a tighter budget.
Stir-fry dishes such as this one are very versatile and quick to make. You can actually add anything you want after you have the sauce down. We like to use both red and green peppers, but feel free to use just one of the colours. Add some finely sliced broccoli, onions, or mushrooms if you’re truly missing it. Do you want to turn the heat up? Add a jalapeño if you enjoy spicy food. Not a big fan of beef? Tofu or chicken would also be excellent in this stir-fry.
Serving suggestions for pepper steak:
This stir-fry goes well with a warm bowl of rice, but if you’d like, you can also serve it over pan-fried noodles. Although pepper steak is nearly a meal in and of itself, some bok choy, smashed cucumber salad, or papaya salad might be good side dishes.
Ingredients For Best Pepper Steak
- 1/2 cup soy sauce with lower sodium
- Rice wine vinegar, 1/4 cup
- One tablespoon of packed light brown sugar
- Two tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, split
- salt that is kosher
- freshly ground black pepper
- One-pound flank steak, cut thinly across the grain
- One thinly sliced green bell pepper (seeds and ribs removed)
- One thinly sliced red bell pepper (seeds and ribs removed)
- Three garlic cloves, cut finely
- 1 tablespoon of peeled ginger, minced fine.
- Cooked white rice, ready to be served
Instructions For Best Pepper Steak
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, and cornflour in a medium-sized basin and whisk until well blended.
- One tablespoon oil should be heated on high heat in a big skillet. Add the steak, working in batches, and season with salt. Cook for about 8 minutes total, turning regularly, until browned on all sides. Place the meat onto a platter.
- The final tablespoon of oil should be heated in the same skillet over medium heat. Cook bell peppers for about 5 minutes, stirring periodically, or until softened. Stir in the ginger and garlic and simmer for a further minute or two, or until fragrant. Put the steak back in the skillet with the sauce. Cook for a further two minutes or more, stirring, or until sauce is glossy.
- Distribute the rice among the plates. Transfer steak mixture onto a spoon.
- You can add some onion
- add some pineapple chunks
- also make with chicken breast
Recipe Adapted From:Laura Rege