Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls
Made with cooked chicken, three different varieties of cheese, and homemade Alfredo sauce, these Chicken Alfredo Lasagna Rolls are cheesy, creamy, and incredibly delicious. Perfect comfort food that the whole family will enjoy, and a great make-ahead dish
Regarding the Alfredo Sauce
- 1/4 cup of large-cube-cut butte
- Half a cup of heavy cream
- one minced garlic clove
- half a teaspoon of powdered garlic
- Half a teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon of ordinary salt, not Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- A dash of nutmeg
- Crushed red pepper flakes in a pinch
- 1 and a half cups of recently grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
For the Rolls of Lasagna
- Nine raw or parched lasagna noodles
- Half a cup of ricotta
- One big egg
- One and a half cups, divided, shredded mozzarella.
- two mugs rotisserie chicken that has been cooked, shredded, and garnished with fresh parsley
- Set oven temperature to 350°F. Apply cooking spray to a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set it aside.
- After bringing a big pot of water to a boil, add the lasagna noodles and a generous amount of salt.
- Cook as directed on the packet, or until al dente. (After draining, toss them with a little olive oil to keep them from sticking, then either arrange them flat on a baking sheet or over the colander.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the Alfredo sauce:
- In a large nonstick sauté pan, add the butter and cream. Over medium-low heat, stir until the butter melts.
- Add the crushed red pepper flakes, nutmeg, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt; whisk until smooth.
- Bring to a low simmer; do not boil. Cook, whisking frequently, for 3–4 minutes, or until mixture begins to thicken.
- Once the sauce is smooth and the parmesan cheese has melted, stir it in. Turn off the heat.
- Mix the Filling and Put It Together:
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the Alfredo sauce.
- Mix the ricotta, egg, and one cup of mozzarella in a big basin until well blended. Once mixed, fold in 1/4 cup of the Alfredo sauce and the chicken..
- Line the length of each lasagna noodle with 1/9th of the mixture, or about 1/3 cup, then roll up like a jelly roll..
- Place the rolls in the baking dish with the seam side down. Add the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of Alfredo sauce on top.
- Loosely place foil over the top and bake for approximately 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and the interior is thoroughly heated.
- Serve and savor with a dash of freshly chopped parsley!