Crispy chilli beef
In search of a nutritious recipe for crispy chilli beef? This crispy chilli beef fake away has a strong Chinese flavour because to its crispy beef strips, vibrant vegetables, and a delectably dark and sticky sauce that are all served over soft noodles.
Ingredients For Crispy chilli beef
- 1 medium egg
- Two teaspoons of cornflour
- One level teaspoon baking soda
- 500 g of visible fat removed and thinly sliced lean beef frying steak
- Calorie-conscious cooking spray
Regarding the stir-fry:
- Four tablespoons brown sauce
- Triple-thick soy sauce
- Two tablespoons of rice vinegar
- Four smashed garlic cloves and a 5-cm-long piece of fresh, peeled and grated root ginger
- Tbsp each of orange and pineapple sugar-free squash diluted with 400 millilitres of water
- Two tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Two tablespoons of tomato purée
- ½ teaspoon of dried red chilli powder
- 1 crumbled beef stock cube
- Two thickly cut onions and two thickly sliced, deseeded red peppers
- 200g of matchstick-cut carrots
- Half a 150g baby sweetcorn lengthwise
- 50 g of washed bean sprouts
- 250 g of medium-sized dried egg noodles
- Cut red chillies, to be served
Instructions For Crispy chilli beef
- Set oven temperature to 220°C, fan 200°C, gas 7.
- Using a fork, lightly beat the egg and mix in the cornflour and baking soda until well blended. Season to taste. After tossing the beef in the egg, place it in a single layer on a sizable nonstick baking pan and mist it with low-fat cooking spray. Cook, flipping halfway through, for 30 to 40 minutes, or until brown and crispy. While preparing the remaining ingredients, turn down the oven to the lowest setting and keep the meat inside.
- Combine the brown sauce, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic, squash, Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree, chilli flakes, and stock cube to make the sauce. Put aside.
- Lightly coat a sizeable, nonstick wok or skillet with reduced-calorie cooking spray and set it over medium-high heat. Stir-fry the onions, peppers, and carrots for 7 to 8 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add the corn and sauce. After the vegetables are just tender and the sauce has reduced to a syrupy consistency, increase the heat and simmer for five to six minutes, stirring often.
- Return the stir-fried mixture to a simmer after adding the steak and bean sprouts. After cooking the noodles as directed on the package, drain them. To serve, divide the noodles and beef mixture among four bowls, then top with the chilli.