This broccoli cheese soup is a creamy and velvety soup made in 30 minutes! Better than Panera bread, it’s low in carbs but full of flavor!
Prep Time: 2minutes
Cook Time: 25minutes
Total Time: 27minutes
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 4 cups broccoli finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- In a deep pot, add the butter and place it over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the onions and garlic and stir fry for 1-2 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth and heavy cream and finely chopped broccoli, smoked paprika, pepper, and salt and bring it to a boil.
- Once it begins to boil, reduce to low and simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
- Add the cheddar cheese in half a cup at a time until combined.
- Remove from the heat and serve with extra shredded cheese and chopped parsley on top.
TO STORE: Leftover soup can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Be sure to give it a stir before reheating.
TO FREEZE: Place batches of the soup in a sealable container and store it in the freezer for up to 6 months. Thaw the soup at room temperature before reheating.
REHEATING: Either microwave the soup in 30-second intervals or in a small saucepan over medium heat.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 195kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 803mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 888IU | Vitamin C: 48mg | Calcium: 389mg | Iron: 1mg | NET CARBS: 2g