Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks feature an easy Homemade BBQ Sauce that is to die for! Everything cooks together in the crock pot, and at the end of the day, you’re ready to eat. This is our go-to easy family meal when we are craving bbq chicken.
What’s in Crockpot BBQ Drumsticks?
This slow cooker chicken drumsticks recipe is cooked in a delicious homemade barbecue sauce made of ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, honey, and parsley to make the perfect busy weeknight dinner. The entire family will love it!
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks feature an easy Homemade BBQ Sauce that is to die for! Everything cooks together in the crock pot and at the end of the day you’re ready to eat! This is our go-to easy family meal when we are craving homemade bbq chicken.
These juicy slow cooker BBQ chicken drumsticks are drenched in a sweet but spicy homemade bbq sauce that will leave you coming back for seconds and maybe even thirds!
Prep Time: 10mins
Cook Time: 5hrs
Total Time: 5hrs 10mins
Course: Main Course
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 2.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients except the chicken.
- 3/4 cup ketchup,1/3 cup orange juice,1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar,1/4 cup red wine vinegar,1/4 cup olive oil,2 tablespoons honey,2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley,1/2 teaspoon garlic powder,1/2 teaspoon kosher salt,1/2 teaspoon black pepper,1/4 cup water,2.5 tablespoons cornstarch
- Place chicken in a large slow cooker set on low heat.
- 8-10 chicken drumsticks
- Pour the ketchup mixture over the chicken, using a spoon to make sure all the chicken is coated.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low or until chicken is fully cooked.
- After chicken is cooked, you can serve as is or take 2 cups of the bbq sauce/cooking liquid and heat in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer until it’s thickened to your liking.
Variations on Ingredients
The great thing about these slow cooker BBQ chicken drumsticks is that you can swap out any of the ingredients and turn it into your own unique creation. If you’d rather not make a sauce, feel free to make a dry BBQ spice rub instead! You can also add some heat by mixing in some siracha or chili paste.
How to Store and Reheat Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
Store your BBQ drumsticks in a large resealable bag or airtight container in the fridge for 3 to 4 days.
To reheat, wrap your chicken in aluminum foil and place it in the oven at 350°F until heated through.
How to Freeze Crockpot Chicken Drumsticks
Place drumsticks in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. Your chicken will stay good for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge before reheating.
What to Serve with Juicy Chicken Drumsticks
This chicken drumsticks recipe might be made in a slow cooker, but that doesn’t stop it from being a great option for a easy backyard cookout!
Calories: 527kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 863mg | Potassium: 539mg | Sugar: 33g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 12.2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 1.4mg