These snowball cookies just melt in your mouth. They are perfect Christmas cookies and look like darling little snowballs. They remind me of these Russian Tea Cakes but these snowball cookies have more of a melting consistency. Get it? Melting? Hee hee.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Servings: 24 Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Place the butter into the bowl of a stand mixer, and beat on high until creamy.
- Add ½ cup of powdered sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Start the mixer gently, then increase the speed to medium. Beat the butter and sugar for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla extract and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add ½ of the flour, mix to combine, and then add the rest of the flour. Mix just until combined.
- Add the pecans, and mix again.
- Roll the cookie dough into 24 (1-inch balls), then place them 1 inch apart on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown on the bottom.
- While the cookies are baking, place the remaining 1 cup of powdered sugar into a medium-sized bowl.
- Remove the cookies from the oven. While they are still warm, roll each cookie in the powdered sugar, and set them aside to cool. Roll the cookies in any remaining powdered sugar to form a second coat.
- Serve the cookies while warm or at room temperature.
Calories per Serving 165
Total Fat 10.7 g
Saturated Fat 5.1 g
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 20.3 mg
Total Carbohydrates 16.1 g
Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
Total Sugars 7.6 g
Sodium 49.9 mg
Protein 1.5 g