These delicious bite-sized Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for any party! This classic recipe is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser. I bet you can’t eat just one!
Stuffed Mushrooms might be the best holiday appetizer (along with baked brie)! They’re really, really simple to prepare, need minimal oven time, and everyone loves them. It’s usually the first empty plate on a table of appetizers!
I love making this easy appetizer year-round, but especially during the holidays. It’s a simple dish that will become a favorite tradition in years to come. My friends and family always request them!
Recipe from Two Peas and Their Pod
These delicious bite-sized Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect appetizer for any party! This classic recipe is easy to make and always a crowd pleaser.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time: 40 mins
- 16 oz white mushrooms, (about 24)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- ¼ onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup panko
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Carefully remove the stems from the mushrooms. Finely chop the stems and set the caps aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and chopped mushrooms and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for one more minute. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the panko, Parmesan, parsley, thyme, lemon zest, salt, and red pepper flakes. Stir in the cooked mushroom mixture.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps and place the mushrooms on the prepared baking sheet, cavity side up. Drizzle the remaining olive oil over the mushrooms.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender tops are golden. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Calories: 30kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 68mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 32IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg