AIR FRYER LATKES
Crispy and delicious are the Air Fryer Latkes! They’re the ideal oil-free option for making latkes during Hanukkah.
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER LATKES
- Peel four medium russet potatoes.
- One little yellow onion
- Two big eggs
- two tablespoons of matzo meal
- One teaspoon of garlic powder
- One teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1/3 tsp of ground pepper
For the purpose of serving
- One tablespoon freshly chopped chives
- one-third cup sour cream
- One-fourth cup applesauce
- Using a box grater with big holes or your food processor’s grating blade, finely chop the potatoes and onion. Grate the potatoes and then press out as much liquid as you can using a muslin towel.
- Grated potatoes, eggs, matzo meal, garlic powder, salt, and pepper should all be combined in a big basin. After thoroughly mixing, let it sit for five minutes.
- Set the Air Fryer’s temperature to 375°F.
- For easier cleanup, lightly coat the basket of your air fryer with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper. Using a spatula, flatten the
- potato mixture (1/4 cup each latke) into a patty and place it in the air fryer in a single layer.
- After giving the latkes a quick coat of cooking spray, let them air fry for eight minutes. After turning them over, give them another shot of cooking spray, and cook for a further 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown.
- Add some freshly cut chives as a garnish and serve with sour cream and apple sauce.
- Make use of a grater: Finely grate the potatoes and onions to ensure uniform heating. A food processor fitted with a grating attachment or a box grater is a useful tool. For the potatoes, I use a box grater with big holes.
- Get the air fryer ready:Before adding your latkes, let your air fryer run for about five minutes if it doesn’t have a preheat option.
Don’t use too much oil. The latkes should be lightly sprayed or brushed with oil before cooking, even though the air fryer uses less oil than traditional frying. This will aid in their golden and crispy transformation.
- Avoid packing the air fryer basket too full. Make sure the latkes don’t overlap as you arrange them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. If there is too much people there, the latkes will steam instead of crisp.
- In the oven, keep them warm:Once the latkes are cooked, you may reheat them in a 200°F oven while you finish preparing the remaining ingredients.
86 k cal | 15 g of carbohydrates | 3 g of protein | 2 g of fat | 1 g of saturated fat | 0.2 g of polyunsaturated fat | 1 g of monounsaturated fat | 0.003 g of trans fat | 32 mg of cholesterol | 195 mg of sodium | 308 mg of potassium | 1 g of fibre | 1 g of sugar | 91 I U of vitamin A | 4 mg of vitamin C | 21 mg of calcium | 1 mg of iron