AIR FRYER TACO OYSTER CRACKERS
This quick and easy 15-minute recipe for Air Fryer Taco Oyster Crackers is ideal for a satisfying and easy snack.
CHARMING OYSTER CRACKERS
Everyone I know grew up eating savoury baked oyster cracker nibbles, so perhaps it’s a Midwest thing. I used to love these, but they were usually seasoned with onion powder and dill.
I decided to pull out this old favourite and give it a zesty taco twist in the Air Fryer even though it has been a long time since I had this simple and inexpensive snack.
INGREDIENTS FOR AIR FRYER TACO OYSTER CRACKERS
- Two bags (10 ounces) of oyster crackers
- 3/4 cup oil (grapeseed, avocado, canola, or veggie works great)
- two tsp powdered garlic
- One teaspoon of paprika
- Two tsp powdered onion
- One tablespoon each of chilli powder and cumin
- Half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- One tsp of dehydrated oregano
- One teaspoon of dehydrated parsley
- One tsp salt
- half a teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- One-fourth cup brown sugar
INSTRUCTIONS FOR AIR FRYER TACO OYSTER CRACKERS
- After putting the oyster crackers in a big bowl, drizzle them with olive oil. Blend together all the spices in a small, separate bowl. Top the crackers with a sprinkle of the taco spice mixture.
- Coat the crackers completely with the spices by tossing them in them. After adding the coated crackers to the Air Fryer basket, heat them at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.
- After laying out the crackers on a counter covered with parchment paper, let them cool to room temperature. Once cold, place the crackers in a resealable bag or an airtight container.
INFO ON NUTRITION:
Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 Serving Amount: 154 CALORIESFAT TOTAL: 14g1g of saturated fatTRANS FAT: 0 grammes13g of unsaturated fatCHOLESTROOL: 0 mgSODIUM: 211 mg7g of carbohydratesFIBRE: One gramme4g of sugar1g of protein
Recipe Adapted From: Danielle Green