Ingredients For Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers
- Lean ground beef pound
- One 10-oz bag of frozen chopped spinach that has been thawed and pressed dry
- One medium zucchini (about two cups), finely shredded
- One small onion, around one cup, minced
- half a cup of bulgur
- One egg whisked just enough
- One-half tsp dried oregano
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Cut three red bell peppers in half lengthwise and remove the ribs and cores.
- Two 14 1/2-ounce cans of reduced-sodium stewed tomatoes, diced finely
- 1/3 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
Directions FOR Greek-Style Stuffed Peppers
Bake at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
The meat, spinach, zucchini, onion, bulgur, egg, oregano, salt, and a few grinds of pepper should be mixed in a big bowl. Be sure to completely blend everything.
Place the pepper halves with the cut side facing up in a baking dish that measures 9 inches by 13 inches, and then fill each pepper half with the beef mixture.
Place the tomatoes on top of the peppers, and then sprinkle the feta cheese on top of that. Bake for thirty minutes while covered with aluminum foil. For approximately twenty-five minutes longer, remove the lid and continue baking the meat mixture until it is cooked and the peppers are soft.
Calories 210 calorie Total Fat 6 grams Saturated Fat 2.5 grams Cholesterol 78 milligrams Sodium 400milligrams Carbohydrates 19 grams Dietary Fiber 6 grams Protein 21 gram