While lemon and chives together on a pizza may seem odd, they go quite well with the creamy ricotta and the thin slices of zucchini. With each bite, the sharp citrus juice cuts through the creamy cheese and adds a sense of brightness.
Ingredients for Zucchini, Ricotta, and Lemon Pizza
- Spray for nonstick pans
- 1 zucchini, peeled and sliced into ribbons (about 3/4 cup)
- Season with kosher salt and pepper, freshly ground.
- Two tablespoons of lemon juice and the zest of one big lemon
- Using three tablespoons of olive oil
- Thinly slice half a cup of tomatoes
- One 12-inch ring of prepared dough or one ball of pizza dough
- 0.5 cups of ricotta
- half a tablespoon of fresh chives cut fine, plus more for garnish
- 3/4 cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
Direction For Zucchini, Ricotta and Lemon Pizza
- Set a rack in the middle of the oven and heat it up to 475 degrees F. Spray some nonstick cooking spray on a pizza pan or stone and place it on the rack. (If you don’t have a pizza peel or a way to move the pizza, don’t heat the pan in the oven first; just cook the pizza on the pan.)
- Put the zucchini ribbons in a sieve over the sink and sprinkle them with 1/8 teaspoon of salt. Let it drain for 15 minutes to get rid of the extra water. Use a paper towel or dish towel to dry the zucchini. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and half of the zest. Toss well and set aside.
- Place the tomato slices on a paper towel and gently press down on them to get rid of any extra water. Put away.
- Make the pizza dough into a circle that’s big enough to fit on the pizza pan (or on the pan itself if you’re not using a pizza peel). Blend the ricotta with the chives, the last tablespoon of lemon juice, the last bit of zest, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Cover the dough with the ricotta, leaving a small edge for the top. Spread the zucchini ribbons and tomato slices out evenly on top of the ricotta. Sprinkle with Parmesan and more chives, and then drizzle with the last two teaspoons of olive oil.
- It will take 12 to 15 minutes of baking until the top is golden brown and the cheese is bubbly. Do it.
- Nutritional Analysis Per Serving:
- Calories 367 Total Fat 8.4 grams Saturated Fat 3 grams Cholesterol 15 milligrams sodium 546 milligrams Carbohydrates 55.4 grams Dietary Fiber 2.7 grams Protein 14.6 grams Sugar 1.6 grams