Step into culinary creativity and treat your taste buds to a homemade masterpiece – the Crunch Wrap Supreme. A beloved fixture on fast-food menus, this Tex-Mex-inspired delight combines a medley of flavors and textures, delivering an unforgettable culinary experience. Our recipe takes you on a journey through the art of crafting this classic dish from scratch.
Yeah!! In this culinary adventure, you’ll dive into a savory blend of perfectly seasoned ground beef, oozing nacho cheese, crunchy tostada shells, velvety sour cream, crisp lettuce, diced Roma tomatoes, and a generous sprinkling of gooey Mexican blend cheese. All of this goodness is nestled within a soft, warm flour tortilla, and then expertly crisped to golden perfection.
So!! The best part? You don’t need to venture out to your favorite fast-food joint to savor this iconic treat. With just a handful of ingredients and a bit of kitchen finesse, you can recreate the Crunch Wrap Supreme in your own home. So, roll up your sleeves and prepare to embark on a culinary journey that combines the convenience of fast food with the satisfaction of homemade goodness.
Prep Time: 15 to 20 minutes.
Cook Time: 5 to 7 minutes.
Total Time: 20 to 27 minutes.
Servings: Approximately 4 Crunch Wrap Supremes.
- 2 tbsp of divided olive oil.
- Onepound of ground beef.
- One packet (1.25 ounces) of taco seasoning.
- 4 large (12-inch) flour tortillas.
- Halfa cup of nacho cheese
- 4 tostada shells.
- Half a cup of sour cream.
- Two cups of shredded lettuce.
- One diced Roma tomato.
- Onecup of shredded Mexican blend cheese.
- First, in a large skillet, warm 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Then, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the ground beef until browned, approximately 3 to 5 minutes, and stir in the taco seasoning.
- Drain excess fat and set aside.
- After that, warm the tortillas following the instructions on the package. Similarly, heat the nacho cheese as directed on its package.
- One at a time, put the ground beef mixture in the center of each tortilla. Add a layer of nacho cheese on top of the beef, and then place a tostada shell on the cheese.
- In this step, evenly spread sour cream on top of the tostada shell, then layer with lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Follow these steps for the remaining tortillas.
- Next, fold the edges of the tortilla up and over the center, then proceed to fold your way around the tortilla, making it as tight as possible.
- After that, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Then, place the wraps in the skillet with the seam-side down and cook until the underside is golden brown, which should take about 2 minutes.
- Finally, flip the wraps and cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes, and serve immediately.
– Use two tostada shells for extra crunch.
– Warm tortillas for easier folding.
– Offer salsa for dipping or drizzling.
– Go vegan with plant-based ingredients.
– Use gluten-free tortillas for a gluten-free version.
– Opt for lettuce leaves or low-carb tortillas for a low-carb option.