Try my go-to recipe for keto chicken cheese bake for a simple, one-pan keto meal! Less than 4 net carbohydrates per serving of chicken are slathered in cheese, ranch, and green chiles!
keto chicken cheese bake:
This meal has saved my life! This Cheesy Chicken Bake is the ideal dish for hectic evenings or days when you just don’t have enough time to do everything on your to-do list. Chicken breast, green chiles, cheddar, and ranch dressing are all generously used in this one-pan chicken casserole.
This dinner comes together in a single casserole dish and takes little preparation. It is naturally gluten free, low carb, and keto friendly! Because it reheats so nicely, we like using this for weekly meal prep!
Ingredients for keto chicken cheese bake:
Because it contains canned green chilies, this chicken dish has a little spicy flavour. But don’t worry, it’s not really hot. The ingredients for the chicken and cream cheese ranch coated bake are as follows:
- skinless, boneless breast of chicken
- Cheese: Cream cheese, Cheddar, and shredded mozzarella
- Ranch dressing
- canned green chilies, chopped
- Green Onions, Chop
How to Make a Chicken Casserole for Keto:
- Slice hefty chicken breasts in half lengthwise. The result is more uniform slices that will cook more consistently. To taste, add salt and pepper.
- In a bowl combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, green chiles, green onions, ranch and mozzarella. Spread over the chicken.
- Shredded cheddar goes on top, and the dish gets baked for 30 minutes at 375 degrees F.
WHEN WILL THE KETO CHICKEN CHEESE BAKE READY TO EAT?
The chicken breast is prepared when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Check the chicken’s thickest area using a meat thermometer. You may safely enjoy after the temperature hits 165 degrees Fahrenheit!
Can I Double This Recipe?
Yes, quite simply! Simply double the ingredients by two and bake in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish until bubbling and brown.
Can I Prep This Recipe in Advance?
Yes, you can put together this chicken bake, wrap it in foil, and put it in the fridge until you’re ready to bake it. This could add a few minutes to the time it takes to cook. Make sure the dish is cooked all the way through by using a meat thermometer. I wouldn’t freeze it because I think that the cream cheese and cheese would separate.
Tips for Making Cream Cheese Chicken Bake
- Make sure to use block-style cream cheese that is at room temperature. This makes it easier to spread.
- Before adding the green chiles to the mix, dry them. Just pour off the liquid and spread the green chiles out on some paper towels. Leaving this step out will make the topping very runny.
- I used shredded cheddar cheese, but if you use Pepper Jack, the dish will be spicier.
You can add another twist by using Spicy Ranch seasoning instead of regular ranch.
- If you wanted to serve this tasty dish as an appetizer with less formality, you could shred or chop the cooked chicken and the creamy, cheesy topping. It would be good on nachos or as a dip.