These low Syn chicken kievs are delicious served with chips and a leafy side salad.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 30mins
Course: Main Course
- 2 chicken breasts skinless
- 2 chicken stock pots I use Knorr
- 20 grams Flora Light Spread best left out of the fridge so it’s soft
- 40 grams Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 small handful fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- Low calorie cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees and line a baking tray with foil or greaseproof paper.
- Add the garlic, stock pots, parsley, and Flora to a bowl, and add a splash of water.
- This is your filling mixture. Using a spoon, mix together well until a thick paste is formed.
- If you’re struggling to bind the stock with the butter, heat the mixture in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- Put the filling mixture in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, lay your chicken breasts on a flat surface. Carefully, and using a very sharp knife, cut pockets lengthways into the breasts.
- Be careful not to cut all the way through, or you’ll lose your filling out of the side.
- Once the filling is chilled, spoon it into the chicken breasts, adding as much as possible.
- Secure with cocktail sticks or skewers.
- Place the beaten egg into one bowl, and the breadcrumbs into another.
- Dip the chicken breasts into the egg to cover well, and then into the breadcrumbs.
- Ensure that the breadcrumbs cover the breasts and are fairly evenly distributed.
- Spritz your baking tray with low calorie cooking spray, and place the kievs on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!