Nothing is more delicious than taking a bite out of a properly fried, crispy, and hot taco. However, it’s a pain to deal with heated oil each time you have a hankering for the snack. Thankfully, there are crispy, air-fried taquitos to rescue the day! Don’t forget the toppings, whether they’re being served as the ideal appetiser for taco night or as a snack for a tailgate. Although these rolled-up tacos taste great by themselves, you can top them with lots of salsa, guacamole, cheese, and sour cream!
How can you prevent tacos from opening?
Experiencing taquitos unravel or burst open is a terrible event for anyone who makes them. While some recipes ask for toothpicks to keep them closed, doing so can harm the corn tortillas and increase the chance that they will break. Instead, the tortillas in this air fryer recipe are sealed shut with a straightforward egg wash. To guarantee that the tacos stay closed, lay them in the air fryer seam-side down.
Can you air fried or shallow fry tacos?
Yes, of course! Be our guest if you would want to prepare these tacos the traditional manner, which involves frying them in oil. Just adhere to the directions for the chicken taquitos: Set oven temperature to 250°F. In a large cast-iron skillet, heat 1/2-inch of oil over medium heat until it reaches 375°F. Fry 4 tacos, seam-side down, for 1 to 2 minutes, turning them over occasionally, or until they are golden brown all over. Transfer to a baking sheet covered with paper towels; reheat in the oven. Continue frying until all taquitos are cooked.
Ingredients For Air-Fryer Taquitos
- 1/2 cup of red salsa and additional for serving
- One 4-oz can of chopped, drained green chilies
- Two teaspoons of chilli powder
- Dry oregano, 1/2 tsp
- A half-tsp of garlic powder
- The half-tsp onion powder
- 3 c. leftover beef shreds from braised or pot roast
- Taste-testing Kosher salt
- ground black pepper according to taste
- 24 (6-in.) corn tortillas
- One big egg, whisked just enough
- Spoonful of vegetable oil
- To serve: guacamole
- To serve, sour cream
- Shredded cheese blend from Mexico, to be served
Direction For Air-Fryer Taquitos
- The salsa, green chills, chilli powder, oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder should all be combined in a big bowl. Stir the steak into the salsa mixture until it is well combined. To taste, add salt and pepper.
- Line a dish that is safe to use in the microwave with two to three tortillas, wrapped each in a damp paper towel. For 30 to 1 minute, or until the tortillas are warm and malleable, microwave them.
- Spoon 2 to 3 teaspoons of the beef mixture in a line down one end of each tortilla, working with 1 tortilla at a time, and roll it firmly. Apply the egg wash to the tortilla’s edge and press hard to seal. Continue with the remaining beef, egg wash, and tortillas.
- If necessary, preheat the air fryer to 375°F. Add frying spray to the air fryer basket. Apply some oil to the taquitos’ tops. Place the taquitos in the basket seam-side down, working in three batches of eight at a time, and cook for six to eight minutes, or until golden. Turn the tacos over and give them another coat of oil. For 3 to 5 minutes more, cook until crispy.
- If desired, top the warm taquitos with more salsa, sour cream, cheese, and guacamole.
Tips: Put the air-fried tacos on a wire rack inside a baking sheet and preheat the oven to 250°F to keep them warm for dishing.
Recipe Adapted From:Leah Perez
Calories per Serving (24 Servings)
93 g Fat, 3 g Saturated fat, 1 g Trans fat, 0 g
19 mg of cholesterol and 129 mg of sodium
10 g of carbohydrates; 2 g of fibre; 0 g of sugar; 6 g of protein; 0 mcg of vitamin D
28 milligrammes of calcium
One milligramme of iron
Potassium (141 mg)